The conference will take place in the centre of Warsaw in the building of the Faculty of Modern Languages and Institute of Applied Linguistics on Dobra Street 55 (bus stop: Biblioteka Uniwersytecka, University Library). The building is located opposite the University Library.
Any public transport details are available on the website
And here is some useful information about public transport in Warsaw
Travel by air
From Warsaw Chopin Airport – Okęcie (bus stop: Lotnisko Chopina-Przyloty 02), you will need to catch two different buses. First, get on the 175 towards Plac Piłsudskiego. Get off at the bus stop named “Plac Zawiszy” and take the 127 (direction: Mariensztat). A single journey takes about 1 hour and costs 4,40 PLN (single-fare transfer ticket for 75 minutes). Here: https://www.ztm.waw.pl/index.php?c=571&l=2 you will find some useful hints.
Taxi from Warsaw Chopin Airport: https://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/taxi.html
From Warsaw Modlin Airport, you can take a bus: https://www.modlinbus.com/en/strony/page/o-nas (9-35 PLN), a train: https://lotniskowy.mazowieckie.com.pl/ (ca. 20 PLN) or a taxi: http://modlin-taxi.pl/witamy-en.html (159-199 PLN).
Travel by rail
The nearest train station to Dobra Street is The Central Railway Station Warsaw (Warszawa Centralna). If you choose this option, take the 127 from there (direction: Mariensztat) and get off at the bus stop “Biblioteka Uniwersytecka”. You will need a single-fare transfer ticket for 75 minutes (4,40 PLN).
The nearest underground station is Centrum Nauki Kopernik – Copernicus Science Centre (8-minute walk).
Food and dining
Some nearby restaurants that you may wish to consider for lunch or dinner include:
- Boscaiola http://www.boscaiola.pl/ (Italian cuisine)
- SAM http://www.sam.info.pl/ (restaurant and baker’s shop)
- Veg Deli http://www.vegdeli.pl/ (vegetarian and vegan)
- Dziurka od klucza http://www.dziurkaodklucza.com.pl/ (Italian and seafood)
- Zdrowo nadziane https://www.facebook.com/nadzianezdrowo/ (dumplings)
- Ave! pizza https://www.avepizza.pl/
- Rabarbar https://www.facebook.com/rabarbarwarsaw/ (vegetarian and vegan)
- Piatto Italiano https://www.facebook.com/piattoitalianobrowarna/
- Rewers bistro http://www.restauracjarewers.pl/
The website https://www.zomato.com/warszawa may prove useful in looking for an appropriate place to dine there.
You may also consider the Warsaw River View, where our invited speakers will be staying. It is a nice small hotel located near the Vistula river, within walking distance of the conference venue.
Apart from that, there are several B&Bs close to the conference site:
- Hotel Logos https://www.hotellogos.pl/en/
- Hotel Harenda https://www.hotelharenda.pl/
- Puffa Hostel Lux https://www.puffahostel.com/puffa-hostel-lux/pokoje
- Tatamka Hostel https://www.tatamkahostel.pl/eng
- Sawa Hostel https://sawa-hostel.business.site/
- Fest Hostel http://festhostel.pl/en/home/ (no single rooms)
Additionally, you may consider Hostel Aga http://www.agahostel.pl/en/, which does not offer breakfasts. For breakfast, you will need to visit a nearby restaurant (Rabarbar, Rewers…).
There is a limited number of single rooms in these ho(s)tels, so – if interested – you should book one early to stay close to the conference site.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.